A personal approach
At Step Teachers, we believe that the registration process is the vital first step in establishing and refining a personal working relationship with our teachers. All new recruits are met face-to-face at the office that's closest to you. We are a small, friendly team and you will be introduced to our office staff; there’s no chance you will get lost in the system or overlooked.
The registration process is about more than completing forms and checking qualifications, it is a time for you to meet your dedicated consultant and discuss with them your particular experience, expertise and job requirements. Once we have understood your employment needs our consultants can tailor their approach to finding you suitable work. We will even help you to write your CV and support you through the interview process if you are looking to secure a long-term position.
In order to be eligible to work for Step Teachers you must:
· Hold a relevant teaching qualification
· Attend a face-to-face interview
· Supply two references, one must be supplied directly from a school within the last five years, the second may come from your most recent employer
· Undergo a Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure check by Step Teachers
· Supply original documents to enable us to verify your identity and qualifications
· Hold a valid visa that allows you to work in the UK or hold an EU passport
· If you are an Overseas Trained Teacher, you must not have started teaching in the UK more than three and a half years ago.