about 1 month ago
Step Teachers are currently looking for 3 Long Term Primary Teaching Assistants with SEN experience, two of which will be placed with a child on a 1-1 basis. All of these positions will be based in one of our key user schools.
This is an incredible opportunity to become a long-standing member of a 'Good' rated school that focuses on being at the heart of the community. There is also a very heavy focus on fostering independence, individuality, and strong relationships across the school, resulting in a happy, friendly, and positive working atmosphere for all staff members.
The ideal candidate will be able to start ASAP and will cover full-time working hours, there is a strong potential these posts will last until the end of the academic year. For these posts, we will require:
- References and experiences with SEN Pupils in either mainstream or alternative provision schools.
- A qualification in supporting teaching and learning (Level 3 preferred)
- Experience in either Reception, Year 3 or Year 6.
- A strong understanding of the SEND Code of practice.
- A passion for inclusion, and the ability to plan and alter activities based on the interests of the individual pupil.
- Daily bookings in diverse school settings
- PAYE pay processed weekly
- A designated consultant to help you when required
- A friendly local office with long-standing relationships with schools in the area
- To work with an agency working with the Crown Commercial Service
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.