19 days ago
Step Teachers are currently looking to employ 4 motivated, passionate, hard-working teaching assistants to become a part of a large SEN support unit in one of our close alternative provision schools. All of these posts are set to be on a 1-1 basis and are set to be long-term contract commitments. The school has asked for one of the TA's to start in the team ASAP and has requested three additional TA's for January. This post is best suited for those candidates who can show a great level of patience, professional resilience, and enthusiasm towards making positive changes in the lives of the school's pupils. A strong understanding of special educational needs would be advantageous, as well as referenced work in an environment where you have worked with children.
The ideal candidate will be able to show evidence of:
- A full, clean driver's license.
- A level 2 or above qualification in supporting teaching and learning.
- A good understanding of the SEN codes of practice and the ability to create and sustain a professional relationship with pupils who have high levels of needs.
- Referenced experience working with children in either a mainstream setting or alternative provision.
Working with Steps, you will have access to:
- Daily bookings in diverse school settings
- PAYE pay processed weekly
- A designated consultant to help you when required
- A friendly local office with long-standing relationships with schools in the area
- To work with an agency working with the Crown Commercial Service
This is a great opportunity for teaching assistants who are looking to break into alternative education but can also suit individuals who bring more experience to the role. The setting sets a fantastic example for what high-quality, alternative education looks like, and can offer great standards of continuing professional development, as each day will quickly become an exciting learning experience!
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.