- As a qualified art and design teacher you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with proven ability to understand and utilise current theory and practice in relation to learning and development.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for art and design and related assessment practice is essential for a role of this nature.
- The appointed art and design teacher should motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
- An ability to organise, lead and manage a classroom effectively, including assigned support staff will be central to your role.
- It is very important that you have a comprehensive understanding of good practice in Assessment for Learning.
6 months ago
A great opportunity has arisen for us to recruit a talented art and design teacher for a permanent position at one of our client schools in South London. This position of an art and design teacher is offered through Step Teachers and will commence in September 2019.
This Ofsted graded ‘Outstanding’ school provides a welcoming, safe and vibrant learning environment. Through the supportive team who work together to promote successful outcomes for all, the school has proven to be successful in offering diverse, inclusive and consistently high standards. Pupils are encouraged to develop high self-esteem, social confidence and lead a healthy lifestyle.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.