about 1 month ago
Are you a recent graduate who is interested in working in schools? Are you looking for paid work to increase your experience? Are you searching for a career where you can end each day feeling you have made a positive impact on the lives of others?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then the role of a cover supervisor could be perfect for you! Due to an increased demand, Step Teachers are currently looking for cover supervisors to help support the day-to-day running of Secondary classrooms. For the right candidate, there is also the option of securing a long term or permanent contract with one of our lovely Plymouth schools.
As a cover supervisor, you will:
- Work across Secondary settings.
- Monitor the work that has been set by the class teacher, leading these sessions across all subject areas.
- Manage the behaviour of pupils according to the schools behavioural policy.
- Support the pupils in their work using a good general curriculum knowledge.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A 2:1 Undergraduate degree or higher.
- Previous experience working in schools (this is not compulsory)
- A passion for education.
- The enthusiasm needed to inspire young minds and develop a natural curiosity for learning.
By working at steps, we can offer you:
- Valuable, first-hand classroom experience in a wide pool of schools.
- A bespoke 1-1 service that is specifically tailored to your needs.
- Unique training and CPD opportunities to build your portfolio.
- Regular feedback to encourage growth and development.
- Pay will be processed via PAYE
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.