Step Teachers East Anglia have an opportunity for a Functional Skills Tutor to join an Outstanding Training provider in Great Yarmouth and North Walsham. As a Functional Skills Tutor you will be supporting students aged 16-18 achieve their functional skills qualifications in both, Maths, English and ICT up to Level 2. We are looking for a Functional Skills Tutor that can motivate and inspire the students to achieve their full potential whilst on our programme.
You must have previous teaching experience and be able to work with students that are challenging at times who may have moderate learning difficulties. If you feel that you would like the opportunity to work for an outstanding training organisation to support and motivate young people please read the essential skills required below;
• Relevant Functional Skills or Maths and English Experience.
• A Minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
• Full Teaching Qualifications i.e. Cert Ed, C&G7407 ,CTTLS,DTTLS
• ICT L2
• L3 English and/or Maths with at least L2 in second subject.
• Excellent Classroom management skills.
• A full Driving Licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
• Experience of delivering training or supporting young people 14-19.
• IAG Qualification.
• TAQA Award in Assessing or Verifying.
• Have led projects involving young people.
For details of all our opportunities and for information on how to register with Step Teachers, visit our website or follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit; sadly we will be unable to contact every application.
Step Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.