about 1 month ago
Step Teachers are currently looking to recruit a qualified Secondary Teacher who has a passion for either History or Geography. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day-to-day cover in our Secondary Schools across Torbay and the surrounding area. The potential to take on short and long-term contracts will be made available for candidates wishing to take these opportunities on. We are happy to accept applications from NQT’s.
As a Secondary Humanities Supply Teacher, you will:
- Provide day-to-day, short-term or long-term cover during either History or Geography lessons in the absence of the class teacher. (Subject will be dependent on specialism.)
- Deliver pre-planned lessons and activities across KS3 and KS4.
- Manage the behaviour of pupils using a positive, restorative approach.
- Make use of your subject expertise to support pupils in their learning.
What you will need:
- A suitable undergraduate degree in History or Geography and a teaching qualification that grants QTS.
- History or Geography Curriculum knowledge that extends across both and the KS3 and KS4 National Curriculum.
- Referenced work with children in a school, within the past two years (this can include a school placement for NQT’s.)
- A CV that covers work and academic history for the past ten years, including months and years.
By working at steps, we can offer you:
- Valuable, first-hand classroom experience in a wide pool of schools.
- A bespoke 1-1 service that is specifically tailored to your needs.
- Unique training and CPD opportunities to build your portfolio.
- Regular feedback to encourage growth and development.
- Pay will be processed via PAYE
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.