Are you a maths teacher seeking a new challenge for the forthcoming academic year? Or are you a maths teacher looking to re-address your work/life balance?
Supply teaching could be for you!
Step Teachers are a busy supply teaching agency working with numerous schools across the Plymouth area. Due to high demand we are seeking professional, punctual and enthusiastic maths teachers to join our team of supply teachers working in secondary schools and academies across this region. The role of a maths supply teacher is varied where no day will be the same. You will be able to experience different school settings and teach across KS3 and KS4. We have vacancies that range from long term to daily ad hoc bookings and if you are a maths teacher looking for flexible or long term work we would like to hear from you!
As a maths supply teacher, you should have;
- A maths-based degree at least a 2:1 award
- A PGCE/PGDE with QTS or a QTLS qualification
- Recent teaching experience
- The ability to creatively apply the school maths curriculum to your lesson planning
- Excellent classroom management strategies when teaching secondary school aged pupils
As a Step Teachers supply teacher, you can expect;
- An individual consultant helping to place you in the schools you want
- PAYE pay processed weekly
- An approachable and friendly team
- Access to exclusive perks and benefits as a member of our team
If you are looking to gain experience after completing your teacher training or are an experienced teacher looking to give your career more flexibility by becoming a supply teacher please get in contact today.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.