If you are looking for your next role, then we can help! We are working with an alternate provision providor who are looking for a Maths teacher to join their team in September 2019.This position will be offered on a 1 term, full time basis however will likely be permanent for the right candidate.
Our client school provides full-time, alternative, secondary education for young people who have been excluded from their previous school or pupil referral unit, or who need additional support to what is offered by a mainstream setting.
We are seeking a Maths teacher who:
- Is a qualified teacher.
- Can establish positive professional relationships with students.
- Is sensitive to the learning needs of all students.
- Can recognise success at all levels and can offer students appropriate praise and reward.
- Has the appropriate knowledge and understanding related to the post.
- Has a commitment to pastoral care as a positive support for learning.
- Has the potential for further development.
- Can demonstrate experience working with young people out of a mainstream setting.
The ideal Maths teacher will have the ability to:
- Develop strategies for teaching and encouraging students both in and beyond the classroom.
- Interpret schemes of work relating to the needs of each student.
- Organise teaching and recording to ensure progression and development.
- Work as a member of a team, sharing tasks and supporting other members of the team.
- Communicates well with students, colleagues and parents.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today – for more info and full T&Cs visit our website.