about 1 month ago
Step Teachers are currently looking to increase their pool of supply teachers to help fulfil day-to-day, short term and long-term supply teaching assignments in Primary Schools across Torbay. We are currently working covering areas such as Paignton and Torquay.. The demand for supply teachers is at an all-time high, and at Step Teachers, we are able to offer you a wide variety of schools to work in to ensure that we find the right school for you. Supply teaching can be a flexible, rewarding and fun career choice that takes the paper work and admin out of teaching, allowing you to focus on what is important…the children! We are happy to accept applications from NQT’s, as well as more experienced Primary School Teachers who are looking to make the move into supply teaching.
As a Primary School Teacher, you will:
- Deliver pre planned sessions and activities to classes in EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
- Complete any marking of work that is done throughout the day.
- Manage the behaviour of pupils using a positive, restorative attitude.
- Support the pupils in their activities throughout the day.
- Complete any additional safeguarding responsibilities in accordance with each schools safeguarding policy.
What you will need:
- A teaching degree that grants Qualified Teaching Status
- Referenced work with children in a school, within the past two years (this can include a school placement for NQT’s)
- A CV that covers work and academic history for the past ten years, including months and years
- A positive, flexible and adaptable mind-set.
By working at steps, we can offer you:
- Valuable, first-hand classroom experience in a wide pool of schools.
- A bespoke 1-1 service that is specifically tailored to your needs.
- Unique training and CPD opportunities to build your portfolio.
- Regular feedback to encourage growth and development.
- Pay will be processed via PAYE
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.