£100 - £110
about 2 months ago
Step Teachers are currently looking for a Primary Teacher to take on a full-time maternity leave cover in one of our partner alternative provision schools. The cover is set to start at the beginning of January and will last for the remainder of the academic year and is a fantastic opportunity for teachers with a strong knowledge of the SEND Codes of practice.
You will need:
- Must hold QTS
- Must have experience in SEND pupils, in mainstream schools of alternative provision.
- Strong classroom management skills that focus on restorative practices.
- Ability to form a strong rapport with pupils.
- The ability to effectively differentiate work based on the unique needs of the individual.
- A commitment towards supporting the progress of vulnerable pupils and the knowledge needed to make this happen.
The School can offer:
- A supportive environment where continuous professional development is a core focus.
- An inclusive environment that focuses on integrating the cities most vulnerable pupils back into education.
- The opportunity to cover a supportive, creative curriculum that focuses on developing and building life skills for all pupils.
This is a rare opportunity for a special kind of teacher who is looking to gain some practical, hands-on experience in an established Alternative provision school.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service. This is a new framework for schools to use, ensuring they have access to reputable agencies that meet certain safeguarding and recruitment guidelines. The DfE is heavily marketing this service across schools and we would strongly suggest making sure you are registered with a CCS-approved agency moving forwards. Registering with Step Teachers ensures you are working for a trusted partner of the DfE.