about 1 month ago
Step Teachers are currently looking to find a qualified Teaching Assistant to support in one of our regular user Secondary schools in Newton Abbot. This is a full-time post that is set to start ASAP, initially, the post is set to finish around Christmas, but there is the potential to go permanent with the school for the right candidate.
Rated ‘Good’, this school is the perfect environment for Teaching Assistants who can support the school in its vision, continuing to uphold the high standards set for all pupils with a focus on achieving excellence. They are particularly interested in Teaching Assistants who can be very versatile in their approach, providing support in different departments throughout the day as required. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are in the early stages of their career, as well as a Teaching Assistant who can bring more experience to the role.
The ideal candidate will be able to show:
- A level 2 or above qualification in supporting teaching and learning.
- Referenced experience from working in a Secondary setting.
- The ability to adapt to challenging situations and support the learning of pupils from various social and academic backgrounds.
- The ability to become a role model for the school’s vision, focussing on the qualities of excellent, equality, and respect.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Working alongside the class teacher to support children who need support in the classroom.
- Supporting children with an EHCP alongside the SEN team
- Leading sessions outside of the classroom with children both 1-1 and small groups
- Planning and resourcing intervention sessions
- Working alongside other professionals to assess children.
Working with Steps, you will have access to:
- Daily bookings in diverse school settings
- PAYE pay processed weekly
- A designated consultant to help you when required
- A friendly local office with long-standing relationships with schools in the area
- To work with an agency working with the Crown Commercial Service
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.