£100 - 175 per day
about 1 month ago
During these unprecedented times children have been out of their schools for a long time now, when they go back have you got what it takes to help them settle in?
Its takes a special kind of teacher to be a supply teacher, You may find yourself in a different school every day, teaching a different set of pupils. Supply teachers can be another uncertainty for children and you will need all your skills to build relationships quickly and to make a difference, but the rewards are worth it. You will find that schools will ask for you back, children will be pleased to see you again and on many occasions short term supply will lead to longer or permanent opportunities.
Join our fantastic Lowestoft team of General Supply Teachers today and be ready to make a difference when the schools re-open.
We will have a number of Schools in Lowestoft and the surrounding areas looking for good quality Supply Teachers to cover various day to day and long term opportunities. We are looking for supply teachers to work across all years in our partner Secondary schools.
As an ad hoc supply teacher you will;
- Cover lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Ensure the class are on target with the pre-set work
- Manage behaviour in accordance with the schools' behaviour policy
- Deliver feedback to teachers/pastoral staff where necessary
As an ad hoc supply teacher we require;
- A teaching qualification
- References displaying recent experience within a classroom setting
- A flexible and reliable approach to work
- The ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of positive behaviour management
- The desire to positively inspire young people
As an ad hoc supply teacher you can expect;
- Daily bookings in diverse school settings
- PAYE pay processed weekly
- A designated consultant to help you when required
- A friendly local office with long-standing relationships with schools in the area
- To work with an agency working with the Crown Commercial Service
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service. This is a new framework for schools to use, ensuring they have access to reputable agencies who meet certain safeguarding and recruitment guidelines. The DfE are heavily marketing this service across schools and we would strongly suggest making sure you are registered with a CCS approved agency moving forwards. Registering with Step Teachers ensures you are working for a trusted partner of the DfE.