Step Teachers are excited to be representing a wonderful secondary school in Hertfordshire as they seek to appoint a full-time textiles teacher for a permanent contract which is to commence in September 2019. As a suitably experienced textiles teacher, you will have a respectable textiles degree from an established university.
- You should have a teaching qualification and a textiles based degree.
- It is vital that you can demonstrate experience of planning and teaching textiles for KS3 and KS4.
- The school are happy to consider outstanding Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) but suggest that the role might be better suited to secondary teachers with experience across the curriculum.
- Experience of teaching classes with 30 pupils would be a definite advantage.
- Candidates should display creativity and an ability to inspire pupils through the planning, preparation and delivery of highly stimulating, motivating and well sequenced lessons.
- You should have an ability to teach and inspire positive learning attitudes.
This inclusive school is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and the leadership team places a strong focus on building on this rating in the future. This is a non-denominational school which has maintained its Ofsted rating since converting to an academy in 2012. Through the provision of a positive, safe and vibrant learning environment staff form a close-knit, supportive team who work together to promote successful outcomes for all.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.