Thousands of Irish teachers move to the UK each year to gain experience working in different types of schools, to seek opportunities that may not be available in Ireland or for a change of scenery.
If you’re an Irish-trained teacher looking to take the next step in your teaching career in the UK, Step Teachers is here to help.
Step Teachers is a family-run company founded by a teacher in 2000 that only employs industry experts with teaching experience who are genuinely interested in the well-being of faculty and students. With a client base of over 200 schools, we’re dedicated to placing teachers into roles
that match with their skillset, ambition and aspirations.
We have offices in London, Hertfordshire, Norwich, Cambridge and Plymouth, providing our Irish teachers with a wide choice of teaching positions across the UK.
Once you register with us, one of our specialist consultants will be in touch to find out exactly what you’re looking for and we will arrange interviews with schools that suit your teaching style.
We will then provide you with the information and support you need to successfully make the transition from Ireland to the UK, including:
- Help with preparing for your interview, on the phone or in person
- Guidance with your job offers to determine which school is right for you
- Finding you a place to stay in the UK
- Ongoing support to make sure you’re settling into your new role
Step Teachers offers a range of contracts to find a role to suit your needs, including:
- Daily Supply
- Long-Term Contracts
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme
To work with Step Teachers, you will need to provide the following documents:
- ID card
- Driving license (full/provisional)
- Police criminal records (pre-release edition)
- Verification of qualifications (degrees)
- Proof of address (with your permanent installation)
- Reference letter