Step Teachers are working with a vibrant and nurturing day nursery committed to providing a safe and stimulating environment for children to learn, grow, and flourish. They are seeking a qualified Nursery Practitioner to join the team. As a Nursery Practitioner, you will play a critical role in creating a positive and stimulating environment.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with children, possess excellent communication skills and have proven experience in a similar role.
Your responsibilities as a Nursery Practitioner will include:
- Planning and implementing age-appropriate activities that promote the physical, emotional, and cognitive development of children
- Observations and assessments of each child's development, providing regular updates to parents and colleagues
- Ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of all children in the nursery
- Keep accurate records of children's progress and activities
- Willingness to comply with the schools’ policies and implement them effectively
Requirements of a Nursery Practitioner:
- An empathetic and compassionate nature
- Have an adaptable approach to learning
- Hold a relevant early years qualification (minimum Level 2)
- SEND experience is desirable
- Recent Nursery Practitioner experience in a mainstream or private environment
- Extensive knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework