£22 - £30 per hour
24 days ago
As a confirmed partner for the National Tutoring Programme, Step Teachers are currently recruiting on behalf of primary schools in Norwich and the surrounding areas in Norfolk.
Our partner schools are seeking a Primary English Tutor with strong knowledge of Primary Literacy and are confident in supporting pupils with their Early Reading Skills, as well as preparing students for their English SAT exams. Tutors must be able to commit to full-time or part-time tutoring work within some of our partner schools.
We are seeking an experienced, driven Primary English Specialist who is comfortable delivering 1:1, 1:2 and 1:3 tuition to specific groups of students over an allocated period. You will additionally be responsible for completing tutor reports for your pupils on a weekly basis. This role will run for a period of 15-weeks with each pupil receiving an hour of tuition per week. As Step Teachers are approved Tuition Partners, it is possible this role may continue into the next academic year (2022 – 2023) or lead to longer-term tutoring roles.
NTP Primary English Tutor requirements:
- Qualified Teacher Status in a relevant subject or a degree in English (Language or Literature)/Creative Writing.
- Experience of education or tutoring (particularly experience with KS1/KS2 pupils) is essential.
- Knowledge of delivering phonics and early reading is desirable.
- Experience of preparing pupils for their SATs exams is also desirable.
- Must be able to commit to the role on a long-term basis.
- Must be compliant with vetting procedures such as DBS checks.
Working for Step Teachers has many benefits which include:
- Access to CPD courses
- Informed & Supportive consultant to assist you throughout the process
- Full information on the role before commitment
- Rates of pay varying from £22 to £30 per hour
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Step Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidate's FREE child protection and PREVENT duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.