Step Teachers have been asked to recruit the next generation of teachers for a brand new Initial Teacher Training (ITT) initiative called Grad2Teach, for placement schools in London, Hertfordshire, Cambridge, Norfolk and Birmingham.
Are you a natural leader with a resilient, caring nature? Are you a determined, passionate and self-reflective graduate looking to start a career in teaching? Grad2Teach is your first step in the right direction. Our paid ITT programme offers a new opportunity to teach, train and – if successful – gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
With Grad2Teach you will work to complete a one or two year course, with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools, earning a salary as you train. Upon passing the course, you will have completed your PGCE and be a qualified teacher with QTS.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification
- Have attained grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English for Secondary Teacher Training
- Have attained grade C or above in Maths, English and Science for Primary Teacher training
- Have determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude
What are the benefits?
In Year 1, you will:
- Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Year 2, you will:
- Attend 9 training days at one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learnt so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
- Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience and cover a range of issues that may not be present at every school
If you would like to find out more information and receive our prospectus, please get in touch with our Course Manager, Alex, either by phone on 0208 148 6732 or by email at alexb@grad2Teach.ac.uk.