Step Teachers are currently searching for resilient and experienced Learning Support Assistants for full-time, long-term positions at an Ofsted rated college maintaining ‘Outstanding’ status in West London. The college are building a strong team of LSAs and so this is a temp-to-perm opportunity with an immediate start. The successful candidate must have an Adult and Child Workforce DBS or be willing to carry out a new check.
The college are looking for a competent LSA with the following attributes:
- Experience working with SEND or in a similar role
- Carrying out therapy and health and well-being programmes to support learning as directed by the Nurse, Therapist and Lecturer
- Ensuring that agreed individual programmes of learning for the students are implemented
- Working in harmony with all staff to ensure a positive atmosphere within the college in maintained for the benefit of students
- Creative input to pupil development projects with positive results
This is a fantastic college which provides specialist services and educational opportunities for young adults with SEND. The learning process is centred on the pupils so that each of them can develop their own unique skill set. This tailored teaching experience is delivered by the dedicated team of staff, which work together to differentiate lessons to meet the individual needs of the pupils. The goal of the college is to prepare pupils for life in the outside world, and this idea is at the heart of every decision made so that it is in their best interests. They have their minds challenged and their skills tested to provide them with the tools needed to strive as citizens in society and as individuals.
To be eligible to apply for this role through Step Teachers you will first need to undergo our registration process, which includes; a face-to-face interview, full referencing, qualification checks and the obligatory safeguarding checks as step teachers are committed to the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please contact Nick for more information on how to apply.