about 1 month ago
Step Teachers are currently looking to recruit a strong, experienced set of teaching assistants who would be able to provide day-to-day, short-term and long-term cover in our local user schools across Cornwall. We are currently working closely with a large Multi Academy Trust that covers areas such as Liskeard, St. Austell, Torpoint and Bodmin.
Over the past few years, we have seen a huge shift in education, with school closures, staff sickness, and the need for continuous training increasing, the demand for quality classroom assistants is at an all-time high. What does this mean for you? It means that the work we can offer can be consistent, and can meet your own unique needs to allow for quality, work-life balance.
We would love to hear from teaching assistants who are happy to support work across the Primary Phases, as well as those who are trained in specific areas of Primary Education such as the EYFS or Special Educational Needs.
As a Class Assistant, you will:
- Work closely with the class teacher to ensure that the day runs smoothly and efficiently for the children, causing minimum disruption to their day.
- Work in small groups with a targeted set of children.
- Support the management of behaviour within the classroom.
- Complete any additional duties such as lunch and break.
- Adhere to any additional safeguarding responsibilities in accordance with each school's safeguarding policy. (e.g. reporting any concerns.)
- Arrive in good time to understand your role for each session, giving you time to ask any follow-up questions before the children arrive.
What you will need:
- A qualification in supporting teaching and learning (NCFE & CACHE Accredited) up to level 3.
- A CV that covers work and academic history for the past ten years, including months and years.
- Referenced work within a classroom setting. (This can be a placement if you have recently completed a course and have newly qualified.)
By working at steps, we can offer you:
- A bespoke 1-1 service that is specifically tailored to your needs.
- Unique training and CPD opportunities to build your portfolio.
- Regular feedback to encourage growth and development.
- Pay will be processed via PAYE
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.