about 1 month ago
Are you looking to gain practical, hands-on, paid experience in a Primary or Secondary School? Step Teachers are currently interested in recruiting aspiring teachers to provide day-to-day classroom support in schools across the Plymouth area. This is a great opportunity for candidates who would like to gain some experience before undertaking a teacher-training course, or for those who are looking to see if teaching is right for them.
What you will need:
- A passion for working with young children.
- The ability to approach situations with a high level of resilience, compassion, and empathy.
- Have the confidence to work with and lead small groups.
- Have a good understanding of the National Curriculum in your preferred Key Stage or subject.
- An undergraduate degree in their preferred subject.
By working at steps, we can offer you:
- Valuable, first-hand classroom experience in a wide pool of schools.
- A bespoke 1-1 service that is specifically tailored to your needs.
- Unique training and CPD opportunities to build your portfolio.
- Regular feedback to encourage growth and development.
- Pay will be processed via PAYE
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.