Step Teachers currently have an opportunity for a SEN Teaching Assistant based in an Ofsted rated school upholding ‘Good’ status. This is a full-time long-term supply position due to commence after the Easter Holidays. The successful candidate may be considered for permanent employment from September if they are well suited to the role.
The School has asked for a proficient SEN TA that has the following attributes:
- Either a CACHE level 2 or higher with experience of working in a mainstream primary school at KS1 level
- Experience teaching SEN children, ASD experience is desirable
- Able to manage learning development projects and enhance them to meet the needs of the pupil
- Approach the role with patience and understanding of the pupil's needs
- Show their unique attributes during the trial day prior to the position start date
This school has strongly improved and continues to do so with the support of its dedicated staff. They are a school which believe in sustainability and Eco-Friendliness which they incorporate into how the school is run. Equality is a key part of school life and pupils are encouraged to not only respect each other and be inclusive of everyone no matter where they come from, but also respect the differences between different cultures and be understanding of them.
We work with fantastic schools in North London; each provides their own unique flare and challenges. This makes for an incredibly dynamic and stimulating role as An SEN Teaching Assistant. At Step Teachers, you will always be supported throughout your teaching journey, and we strongly believe in the importance of the work that teachers do.
To be eligible to apply for this role through Step Teachers you will first need to undergo our registration process, which includes; a face-to-face interview, full referencing, qualification checks and the obligatory safeguarding checks as step teachers are committed to the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Please contact Nick for more information on how to apply.