- You should have QTS and an art and design based degree of at least a 2:1 award
- As teacher of art and design, you will be expected to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including with pupils, parents and carers, other staff and external agencies.
- You will have schemes of work that are creative, varied and flexible enough to promote differentiation, and commitment to pupil progression.
- You will have excellent classroom management strategies that are robust and flexible and will be seen as central to the performance of you and your pupils.
- You should have good decision making skills.
11 months ago
Step Teachers has been asked to recruit an art and design teacher for a lovely secondary school in South London. This role of art and design teacher will be a permanent post commencing in September 2019. As a suitably experienced art and design teacher, you will have a respectable art-based degree from an established university.
This is a good-sized school which manages to maintain its community feel. Pupils and staff provide a warm welcome to all visitors and this is something that has been a consistent feature for some time. Pupil progression is good and remains a high priority. In the last year two existing staff members have been promoted to leadership roles and the ethos of internal development is one that the Governors are keen to maintain for the future. This is supported by regular and pertinent CPD which goes above and beyond the statutory requirements.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.