We are working with a very friendly and welcoming primary school in Hertfordshire to source an experienced and highly qualified ASD LSA. The role of a ASD LSA is to commence in March and is on a temporary basis. This school is concerned greatly with the inclusion of pupils of varying abilities and currently works with staff and pupils from a myriad of backgrounds. As an ASD LSA the following ideals are necessary;
- The ASD LSA will hold positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of behaviour in their professional role.
- You will need confidence and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and philosophy.
- Highly effective communication skills with both children and adults, including parents/carers is seen as a key area of focus.
- You will have experience of working in a SEN setting, preferably with experiences in ASD.
- To promote the positive ethos and culture of the School to other staff, governors, parents, children and members of the wider community.
- You will have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs and Educational Inclusion, and the needs of the more able and talented.
The staff at this school work hard to recognise the needs of individuals, placing suitable demands on them and stimulating them to achieve success. They are proud to create ordered and friendly communities where relationships are positive, founded on courtesy, respect and shared values. Pupils and staff are encouraged to creatively adapt the curriculum and lessons as to provide a learning atmosphere of resilience and independence.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.