£100 - £180
over 1 year ago
Step Teachers have been asked to recruit a biology teacher for this secondary and sixth form with academy status based in Ipswich. The role is on a supply basis from January – December.
Applications for the role of biology teacher will be welcome from newly qualified teachers or those who have taken a career break and are looking to return to teaching as well as those with current experience. We will ask that you are able to commit to the whole time frame of the contract.
The successful biology teacher will:
- Have relevant teaching qualifications
- Preferably have an undergraduate degree in biology
- A passion for excellence in the teaching of biology
- Have a thorough knowledge of the national curriculum for biology and related assessment practice
- You will have the ability to lead, enthuse, develop and mentor the pupils within your classes
- Be responsible, and accountable, for securing the highest levels of pupil achievement
The last Ofsted (July 2017) report placed the school as requiring improvement BUT pointed out that the academy is rapidly improving and the leaders and principal share a clear vision. Over the last year new leaders have been introduced and policies and procedures put in place are beginning to have a significant impact.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations, and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress-related issues.