We are happy to be assisting one of our schools in Hertfordshire, where the levels of achievement are consistently very high, to appoint a Chemistry teacher. The position of Chemistry teacher is to cover a vacancy within the department and is offered until March. This school works well to include all staff and pupils, generating an exciting atmosphere that encourages personal development.
- The successful Chemistry teacher should have demonstrable experience and an excellent working knowledge of Assessment for Learning.
- Ideally the selected Chemistry teacher will have an undergraduate Chemistry degree from a United Kingdom university at 2:1 or above.
- You should have a teaching qualification and a Chemistry based degree.
- It is vital that you can demonstrate experience of planning and teaching Chemistry.
- As a qualified secondary teacher you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with proven ability to understand and utilise current theory and practice in relation to learning and development.
This is a popular, over-subscribed secondary school in Hertfordshire which draws pupils from a wide geographical area. Proud of their Ofsted record, the School maintains high standards which are built upon the foundations of mutual respect, collective values and a firm belief in the importance of learning and personal development. The Leadership Team promote an inclusive environment where strong relationships are built and maintained between staff, pupils and parents. The School’s curriculum is geared to widen the knowledge and understanding of the students with youngsters taking GCSEs from year 9 onwards. The School is proud of their excellent facilities and home access to their work for all students and staff. Students go on to the best universities in the country.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.