A secondary school in Hackney are looking for a Food and Design Technology (DT) Technician to join them ASAP. This is a full-time long-term role, and the school would ideally make this a permanent appointment for the ideal candidate.
Position: Food and Design Technology (DT) Technician
Start Date: ASAP
The Role: As a Food and DT Technician, you will play a crucial role in supporting students' exploration of culinary arts and design technology. The role is mostly working as a food technician with some DT technician work also required, therefore experience and knowledge of food technology is desired.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting teachers in the preparation and setup of practical lessons.
- Ensuring equipment and materials are organised and readily available for student use.
- Collaborating with the teaching staff to enhance the learning experience.
- Experience in a similar role or a relevant qualification in food technology or design technology.
- Passion for education and a commitment to fostering a positive learning environment.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teaching staff and students.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!