Step Teachers have been tasked by schools in the borough of Haringey to source the best of the best to fill various supply roles. These roles vary in start date with some schools needing cover immediately and others offering temp-to-perm opportunities for September. These roles vary in duration and so the successful candidate must be flexible in their availability as well as reliable.
The selected candidates must have the following attributes to meet the requirements of the schools:
- Either a QTS or PGCE Certificate
- Classroom experience in a mainstream school in any year group
- Good understanding of the national curriculum and able to apply their own teaching style to deliver it in an exciting and accessible way
- Take to the role with confidence and be able to ask for guidance from other team members if needed
- Reliability and commitment to the daily supply roles
- Adapt well to different learning environments and build relationships with the pupils and staff quickly
Step Teachers work with several fantastic schools in Haringey, each with a different environment to the next, which provides a great opportunity for the chosen candidates to challenge themselves and enhance their teaching abilities in a variety of settings. The schools we work with place the utmost importance on their values and ethos to be upheld by pupils and staff alike. As an extension of Step Teachers, the successful candidate must comply with this and continue to deliver the high quality of teaching that Step Teachers has provided to its client schools over the years. In turn, you will have the chance to build strong connections with schools in within the borough and create career opportunities for yourself.
To be eligible to apply for supply work through Step Teachers you will first need to undergo our registration process, which includes; a face-to-face interview, full referencing, qualification checks and the obligatory safeguarding checks as step teachers are committed to the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please contact Nick for more information on how to apply.