Step Teachers has been asked to recruit an English and Drama teacher for a school in Hertfordshire who have been working with us over a number of years. The post of English and Drama teacher will be a permanent post commencing September 2019.
This is a school proud of its ‘Outstanding’ rating which was awarded earlier this year. Drawing its pupils from a diverse range of backgrounds, pupil progression beyond the national average is a key focus of every member of the team. The Head Teacher, the Senior Team and the Governors lead the school outstandingly well, ensuring that both teaching and learning are of the highest standard. Pupil assessment is accurate, consistent and rigorous. Staff satisfaction is central to the ethos of the School and this is demonstrated by the low staff turnover and outstanding opportunities for professional development.
- Ideally the selected English and Drama teacher will have an undergraduate English degree from a United Kingdom university at 2:1 or above.
- It is vital that you can demonstrate experience of planning and teaching English and Drama for the KS3 and KS4 curriculum.
- You will be expected to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including with pupils, parents and carers, other staff and external agencies.
- You will have schemes of work that are creative, varied and flexible enough to promote differentiation, and commitment to pupil progression.
- You will have excellent classroom management strategies that are robust and flexible
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a support network that helps provide practical, financial, legal, emergency, technology and hospital services.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today.