Step Teachers has been asked to recruit a English teacher for a lovely secondary school in South London. In the first instance the role of English Teacher will be a temporary post commencing in March. However, the school made it clear that exceptional performance is likely to be rewarded with a permanent post as an English teacher. The school has excellent academic progress and works closely with pupils to design the learning experience that allows for both staff and pupils to reach their potential.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for English and related assessment practice is essential for a role of this nature.
- The appointed English should motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
- The successful English teacher should have demonstrable experience and an excellent working knowledge of Assessment for Learning.
- Ideally the selected English teacher will have an undergraduate English degree from a United Kingdom university at 2:1 or above.
- As English curriculum leader you will be expected to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including with pupils, parents and carers, other staff and external agencies.
This is a good school where the SMT are making huge strides in provision and attainment. Students are encouraged to strive for academic excellence and develop their character through challenges, interpersonal skills and broad interests; thereby building character and skills which will serve them as they move onwards into adult life. This school is evolving rapidly, and the Governors are keen to retain excellent teachers and develop their careers as future leaders for the school and wider community. As an English teacher you would quickly be involved the development of the educational ethos and inclusively dynamic practising of the school.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today