Our client, a leading school in South London, has asked us to recruit an exceptional English teacher for a temporary cover post starting in March. This role of an English teacher will be offered on a temporary basis through Step Teachers. The contract would suit a newly qualified or experienced English teacher who is able to commit to the time frame.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for English and related assessment practice is essential for a role of this nature.
- The appointed English teacher should motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
- As an English teacher you should have experience of planning schemes of work for statutory and non-statutory assessment.
- Effective target setting for children and an understanding of personalised learning are key competencies for this position.
- The successful candidate will hold positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of behaviour in their professional role.
- You will need confidence and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and philosophy.
This is a very good academy which has shown amazing improvement in outcomes and behaviour over the last 4 years. Our supply teachers who visit this school tell us that the staff are really friendly and supportive and we have recently placed two teachers at the school into permanent contracts. The School was rated as ‘Excellent’ by Ofsted before the conversion but now, they are working towards good.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today