Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for a Secondary School English Teacher in Cheshunt. The role starts in April and continues for one academic term; at the discretion of the school there is the potential for this to continue into the new academic year or become permanent.
This Secondary Academy has high standards of behaviour and these high standards are congruent with their aim to achieve academic excellence for every student. Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, the school has an ethos of hard work and respect for all.
- Strong knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 English Language and English Literature curriculum
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the classroom and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback to help them to progress
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching English at secondary school level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant English related degree is desirable
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across N