Step Teachers are looking for a Full Time English Teacher for a full time role in Hemel Hempstead. Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts and have long standing relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area. This Full Time English Teacher role has an immediate start date; it is initially a supply role but the school are looking to make this permanent for an English Teacher who can embody the values of the school.
This Secondary Academy, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, is a strong advocate for students receiving an education that allows them to reach their full potential and nurturing ambition and courage in every learner. The school visions include not only a student’s academic success, but also the respect and support shown to every individual.
English Teacher Role:
- Strong knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 English Language and English Literature curriculum
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the classroom and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback to help them to progress
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
English Teacher Requirements:
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience as an English Teacher at secondary school level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant English related degree i