Step Teachers have been asked to recruit a general science teacher with biology specialism for this single sex secondary school based in Lewisham. Due to start in January 2020 the role will be a permanent position.
Applications for the role of general science teacher will be welcome from newly qualified teachers or those who have taken a career break and are looking to return to teaching as well as those with current experience.
The successful general science teacher will:
- Have relevant teaching qualifications
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have thorough knowledge of the national curriculum for biology and related assessment practice
- Preferably have an undergraduate degree in biology
- You will have the ability to lead, enthuse, develop and mentor the pupils within your classes
- Be responsible, and accountable, for securing the highest levels of pupil achievement
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations, and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress-related issues.