A vacancy has arisen to join a mixed secondary school based in Lambeth as a general science teacher. To start in January until the end of the school year this is an exciting opportunity for teachers who are newly qualified or just looking for a change of school.
The school is rated as outstanding by Ofsted and is an inclusive school and caters for pupils of all abilities.
The successful general science teacher will:
- Have relevant teaching qualifications
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have thorough knowledge of the national curriculum for biology and related assessment practice
Preferably have an undergraduate degree in at least one science related topic
- You will have the ability to lead, enthuse, develop and mentor the pupils within your classes
- Be responsible, and accountable, for securing the highest levels of pupil achievement
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations, and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress-related issues.