£200 - 300 per day
3 months ago
Step Teachers are excited to be representing a truly exceptional Girls' School in East London as they seek to appoint a full time Geography Teacher for a one term contract role which is to commence in September 2020. As a suitably experienced Geography Teacher, you will have a good Geography degree from a good university.
The successful Geography Teacher will have proven ability to:
- Experience of teaching classes with 30 pupils would be a definite advantage
- Candidates should display creativity and an ability to inspire pupils through the planning, preparation and delivery of highly stimulating, motivating and well sequenced lessons
- As a qualified Geography Teacher you should be a creative and enthusiastic practitioner who is able to use all available resources to their full extent
- You should have an ability to teach and inspire positive learning attitudes
- The Head Teacher has asked us to ensure that candidates show ability to establish high standards of conduct, emotional and learning behaviour in all pupils
- An ability to organise, lead and manage a classroom effectively, including assigned support staff will be central to your role
- The successful Geography Teacher should have previously held at least one mainstream teaching position
- As an experienced Geography Teacher you will be able to demonstrate a history of improving outcomes and progression for students
We have been working with this school on a regular basis for the past few years and our teachers have always told us it is a lovely place to work. The pupils are well behaved and generally are well supported in their studies at home and this is demonstrated in their progression through the school. Ofsted most recently graded them ‘Good with Outstanding Features’, with teaching and learning being graded ‘Outstanding’.