One of our partner schools in South London has asked us to recruit a full-time Geography teacher, starting at the end of March. This role is suitable for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT) in addition to more experienced candidates. The position of a Geography teacher is a contract position exclusive to Step Teachers and is set to run for three months in the first instance. The school's prides itself in its 'excellent' approach to diverse learning and as a Geography teacher, you would be expected to partake in the inclusive and well-rounded approach that the school has adopted.
- As a qualified secondary teacher you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with proven ability to understand and utilise current theory and practice in relation to learning and development.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for Geography and related assessment practice is essential for a role of this nature.
- The appointed Geography should motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
- The successful Geography teacher should have demonstrable experience and an excellent working knowledge of Assessment for Learning.
- Ideally the selected Geography teacher will have an undergraduate Geography degree from a United Kingdom university at 2:1 or above.
The students and staff at this school work hard to develop an environment that reflects and values its inclusive ethos and multicultural community. The aim of this school is to prepare pupils for the challenges of making progress in a highly competitive world but also to carve out time to support them in developing personally and spiritually. Boasting a proven track-record of achieving outstanding success in delivering a wide range of qualifications, there is dual focus on fostering the vision and values that will create great leadership skills for the future. As a teacher of Geography you will be immersed in an educationally thriving atmosphere that boasts excellent standards of progression and community spirit.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as discounts and offers on high street brands.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a support network that helps provide practical, financial, legal, emergency, technology and hospital services.