Step Teachers are looking for an exceptional Girl's PE teacher or a newly qualified teacher (NQT) to work in an ‘Excellent’ secondary school in South London. This is an exciting prospect of joining a growing and successful school as a Girl's PE teacher. Students are encouraged in their learning to enquire, challenge and be creative in order to become the best that they can be. Students make good progress in their lessons and the standard of teaching is extremely good and as a Girl's PE teacher you would be expected to continuously maintain this standard.
- You should have a teaching qualification and a PE based degree.
- It is vital that you can demonstrate experience of planning and teaching PE.
- The school are happy to consider outstanding Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) but suggest that the role might be better suited to secondary teachers with experience across the curriculum.
- As a qualified secondary teacher you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with proven ability to understand and utilise current theory and practice in relation to learning and development.
- The school will prefer a candidate with good post 16/further education examination results.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for PE and related assessment practice is essential for a role of this nature.
- The appointed Girl's PE teacher should motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
This is a rapidly improving school where the newly appointed SMT are making huge strides in provision and attainment. Students are encouraged to strive for academic excellence and develop their character through challenges, interpersonal skills and broad interests; thereby building character and skills, which will serve them as they move into adult life. This school is evolving rapidly and the Governors are keen to retain excellent teachers and develop their careers as future leaders for the school and wider community. As a PE teacher, it is essential that an active approach to inclusion and academic perseverance is maintained.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today