£70-£80 per day
4 months ago
Are you looking for work after finishing your degree? Do you want paid experience to support your application for Teacher Training? Perhaps you're studying for your Master wanting flexible work? Step Teachers is for you!
You will join our pool of fantastic Cover Supervisors to lead the lesson in Secondary schools (no planning and marking involved), for day-to-day work; short term and long term supply.
As a successful agency operating and placing supply teachers and support staff into schools since 2000 we have established long-standing relationships with secondary, primary schools, academies, and MAT’s across Suffolk, Norfolk, and Cambridge.
Cover supervision varies significantly, depending on whether the role is undertaken in a primary, secondary or special school. Existing staff who are asked to undertake cover supervision should be given the option of taking it on as a role in itself or as part of a role. The role should not require any active teaching, marking or planning.
Duties may include:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- Managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
What you offer:
- A completed undergraduate degree is essential
- Be emotionally resilient and able to work in a challenging environment
- You will have a passion for working with students and helping them achieve
- Desire to gain more experience in a school setting.
- Experience working with young people including those with complex needs, challenging behaviour, and additional learning needs are not essential but ideal.
- Candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, full reference checks including your most recent employer, and confirmation of their eligibility to work in the U.K.
What we offer:
Step Teachers also offers other free special benefits while working PAYE, including qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions, in addition to a confidential helpline for stress-related issues. Receive up to £150 Amazon Vouchers when you Recommend a Friend!