Are you a KS1 teacher with a real passion to share and educate young people? One of our partner schools in the Plymouth area is currently recruiting for a KS1 supply teacher - year 2 to take up a temporary contract from September 2019.
- As a qualified primary teacher, you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with proven ability to understand and utilise current theory and practice in relation to learning and development
- You must be able to make full use of the updated curriculum to deliver effective learning strategies
- You will utilise schemes of work that are creative, varied and flexible enough to promote differentiation, and commitment to the progression of all pupils
- You should have good decision-making skills
- Experience of teaching classes with 30 pupils would be a definite advantage
This is an average sized school, where the SLT have maintained and built upon a succession of excellent inspection and examination results. Total commitment to providing care, guidance and support and the very positive school atmosphere make a considerable contribution to pupils’ personal development. A key focus for the school is contributing to the wider community and this is promoted extremely well, with pupils making exceptional progress in their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. Behaviour in lessons and around the school is outstanding, and pupils achieve well because of good teaching and a highly effective curriculum. The SLT are passionate about promoting a strong team ethic amongst staff and this is supported with excellent coaching and career development opportunities.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as discounts and offers on high street brands.