Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for a Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant in Ware. The role is a full time General Class TA which will involve working across multiple year groups within the school, and being adaptable and able to support both staff and students throughout the Primary School. It is initially a temporary supply role from the start of January until the February half term, but this is likely to be extended.
This friendly, Ofsted ‘Good’ rated Primary School puts the children at the heart of their ethos and is driven to ensure that every student thrives throughout their time at the school. The position is at a one form entry Primary School that strives to ensure every child is happy in school and develop values which stay with them throughout their lives.
- Able to support the students in the class under the direction of the class teacher
- Upkeep a tidy, organised classroom with accessible resources where needed
- Work effectively with other members of staff in the classroom and throughout the school
- Ability to support students, on a whole class, small group and one to one basis, and encourage their progression
- Provide to support SEN students when necessary
- Comply with the schools’ policies and implement effectively
- Recent experience working in a primary school or with school aged children
- A relevant Level 2 or 3 qualification
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!