Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for an PE Cover Supervisor in Cheshunt. We are working with a Secondary School who are looking for a recent graduate with a specialism in PE to work as a full time Cover Supervisor starting immediately. There would be no planning or marking with this role and is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain experience prior to completing their teacher training. Intially the role continues until the end of the term but is likely to be extended until July.
The position is at a combined Secondary School and Sixth Form, and strives to provide an inclusive curriculum that allows every individual to reach their full potential. The school are looking for a teacher who can make an impact in the school and help to create growing learning environment.
- Cover lessons in the absence of the regular teacher
- Ensure the class are on target with the pre-set work
- Effectively manage the behaviour of the class
- Upkeep an organised learning environment with the safe use and storage of equipment were applicable
- Direct and support any additional staff in the classroom where applicable
- Willingness to comply with the schools’ policies and implement them effectively
- Completed undergraduate degree or higher
- An PE/Sports related degree is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire,