One of our partner schools in Stevenage is currently recruiting for a Reception class teacher to take up a temporary role in a reception class from March. This is a temporary role through Step Teachers, where the successful applicant will be an experienced Reception class teacher who has successfully completed their induction year and can demonstrate previous experience of teaching and working within an early years setting. The school has incredibly positive ethos and encourages pupils and staff to flourish in a dynamic educational environment. As a Reception class teacher you must uphold the values of the school and work exceedingly well in a team.
- You will have excellent classroom management strategies as a Reception class teacher that are robust and flexible, and will be seen as central to the performance of you and your pupils.
- You should have good decision making skills as a class teacher.
- Experience of teaching classes with 30 pupils would be a definite advantage.
- As a Reception classroom teacher should display creativity and an ability to inspire pupils through the planning, preparation and delivery of highly stimulating, motivating and well sequenced lessons
- You should have an ability to teach and inspire positive learning attitudes as a Reception class teacher.
Visitors comment on the excellent relationships between SLT and the staff. The cohort is extremely diverse and the staff enjoy a friendly and productive relationship with the students. The vibrant atmosphere means that the students enjoy their academic study and are equipped with excellent social and emotional skills. The School offers excellent professional development opportunities, are keen to recruit staff who promote a ‘can do’ attitude and who are ambitious for their students to make excellent progress. You will be expected to practise these attitudes consistently as a Reception class teacher.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.