- You should have a teaching qualification and a religious education or theology based degree.
- As teacher of religious education, you will be expected to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including with pupils, parents and carers, other staff and external agencies.
- You will have schemes of work that are creative, varied and flexible enough to promote differentiation, and commitment to pupil progression.
- You will have excellent classroom management strategies that are robust and flexible and will be seen as central to the performance of you and your pupils.
- You should have good decision making skills.
3 months ago
Step Teachers has been asked to recruit a religious education teacher for a lovely secondary school in Hertfordshire. In the first instance the role of Religious Education Teacher will be a one year post commencing in September 2019. However, the school made it clear that exceptional performance is likely to be rewarded with a permanent post.
The students and staff at this school work hard to develop an environment that reflects and values its inclusive ethos and multicultural community. The aim of this school is to prepare pupils for the challenges of making progress in a highly competitive world but also to carve out time to support them in developing personally and spiritually. Boasting a proven track-record of achieving outstanding success in delivering a wide range of qualifications, there is dual focus on fostering the vision and values that will create great leadership skills for the future. The SMT are supportive and welcoming, demonstrating a deep desire to foster strong relationships between all staff members.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a qualified GP 24/7 with webcam consultations, examinations and email prescriptions. In addition to a confidential helpline for stress related issues.