£60-£70 per day
about 1 month ago
Are you a Teaching Assistant based near Norwich who is looking to make a positive impact on a young person's life? Are you a graduate looking for a way into the classroom, with a long-term goal to become a teacher? Do you have experience working with students with SEN?
We are working with a number of partnership schools looking for teaching assistants to join their teams in Norwich. You will support learners to build up their confidence and self-belief. As well as be part of their learning journey.
This role isn't just about helping our students gain qualifications, it's about helping them to see a life beyond the qualification. It's about playing an essential role in helping young people to find their future
Your responsibilities will be:
- Working with individuals or groups of children, assisting in ensuring pupils are kept on task and complete activities set by teachers.
- Dealing with behavioural and special needs issues in conjunction with the teacher
- Delivery of SEN intervention
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in teaching children with EAL, SEN, Speech and language difficulties, and other complex needs
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements of equal opportunities, discrimination, health and safety, SEN & safeguarding of children
- High expectations of pupils’ behaviour and clear strategies for working with challenging pupils
- Ability to motivate and encourage children appropriately
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service. This is a new framework for schools to use, ensuring they have access to reputable agencies that meet certain safeguarding and recruitment guidelines. The DfE is heavily marketing this service across schools and we would strongly suggest making sure you are registered with a CCS-approved agency moving forwards. Registering with Step Teachers ensures you are working for a trusted partner of the DfE.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today.