Step Teachers are working with a secondary school in Kidbrooke to source a SENDCO Specialist. You will play a crucial role in a small class of pupils with additional needs in the morning, providing tailored support and guidance to help them reach their full potential. In the afternoon, you will seamlessly transition to supporting these students in their mainstream lessons, ensuring their inclusion and success in the wider curriculum.
- Work closely with the class teacher to create and implement individualized learning plans for students with SEN.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students, fostering a supportive and nurturing learning environment.
- Assist with classroom activities, ensuring that students are engaged and making progress.
- Monitor and track student progress, communicating effectively with the SENCo and parents/carers.
- Promote inclusion and social interaction among students in mainstream lessons.
- Collaborate with the teaching team to adapt and differentiate classroom materials and strategies as needed.
- Previous experience working with students with SEN is essential
- A compassionate and patient nature, with excellent communication skills.
- Relevant qualifications, such as a Teaching Assistant Certificate or similar, would be advantageous.
- Ability to adapt and respond to the unique needs of each student.
- A genuine passion for supporting the educational development of children with additional needs.
Why Step Teachers?
- Our core values: are honesty, hard work, and professionalism.
- Over two decades of experience in supplying educational professionals to regions including East Anglia, North London, Hertfordshire, and Plymouth.
- Establishing enduring partnerships with Primary, Secondary, and SEN Schools.
- Weekly PAYE payment structure.
Step Teachers is endorsed as an approved supplier by the Crown Commercial Service and takes pride in being REC audited. This reflects our commitment to stringent checks in alignment with the REC Code of Professional Practice, emphasizing the safeguarding and advancement of children's and young people's welfare. Upon registration, candidates undergo various assessments, including an enhanced DBS check, comprehensive references encompassing the most recent employment, and confirmation of eligibility to work in the UK.
We provide an array of benefits, including high street discounts, travel perks, gym memberships, and numerous exclusive offers, coupled with standard physical and emotional well-being services through our payment portal. Introduce a friend to us and receive a share of £200 Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a European holiday worth £1000! – if you're aware of anyone seeking temporary, permanent, or supply work, reach out to us without delay!