Are you an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant with a passion for making a difference in students' lives? Do you have a knack for providing personalized support to learners with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs? If so, we want you to be a part of our partner school's dynamic educational community in Ipswich!
Position: SEN Teaching Assistant Location: Ipswich, Suffolk Start Date: February (Long-Term Role)
Role Description: As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with students with SEMH needs, providing individualized support tailored to their specific requirements. You will collaborate with teachers and other support staff to implement personalized strategies, fostering a nurturing and conducive learning environment. Your role will involve:
- Providing direct support to students during class time and in specialized sessions.
- Developing and implementing personalized learning plans to address individual needs.
- Monitoring and recording student progress, and providing feedback to the SENCO and other relevant staff.
- Building positive relationships with students, promoting their social and emotional well-being.
- Collaborating with teachers and external professionals to ensure holistic support for students.
Requirements for SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Previous experience working in a 1:1 SEN support capacity, preferably within a school setting.
- Strong understanding and experience working with students with SEMH needs.
- Relevant qualifications or training in SEN support (desirable but not essential).