Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children with special educational needs (SEN)? Do you have experience working with challenging behaviours and a desire to support the educational journey of a young learner? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
About the Role: We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate SEN Teaching Assistant to work with a Year 3 pupil who requires additional support due to her complex needs. The successful candidate will have experience in managing challenging behaviours and will play a crucial role in providing tailored support to facilitate the pupil's academic and personal development.
Key Responsibilities of SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Provide one-on-one support to the pupil, assisting with academic tasks and promoting positive learning experiences.
- Implement behaviour management strategies tailored to the pupil's needs, ensuring a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Collaborate effectively with the class teacher and SENCO
- Monitor and track the pupil's progress, providing regular feedback to the teaching team and parents/carers.
- Support the pupil in developing social skills and emotional regulation techniques.
Requirements of SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Previous experience working with children with SEN, particularly those with challenging behaviours.
- Strong understanding of behaviour management techniques and strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with pupils, staff, and parents/carers.
- Patience, resilience, and a positive at