Step Teachers is looking for a forward-thinking Teaching Assistant to support a Year 1 Class at one of our user schools in Barnet temporarily, due to commence immediately until the end of the academic year. The school are dedicated to fostering a love of learning, nurturing young minds, and helping our students reach their full potential.
As a Teaching Assistant in Year 1, you will play a crucial role in supporting the students' early educational experiences. You will work closely with the classroom teacher to create a positive and inclusive learning environment, provide individualised support to students, and assist in implementing engaging lessons that inspire young learners.
- Collaborate with the Year 1 teacher to plan and implement effective lessons and activities
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students, including those with diverse learning needs
- Assist with classroom management and create a positive and safe classroom atmosphere
- Foster a love of reading, writing, and mathematics among Year 1 students
- Encourage student participation and engagement in classroom activities
- Help maintain a clean and organised learning environment
- Communicate regularly with parents and caregivers to provide updates on student progress and address any concerns
- 2 full years' worth of referencing is a must
- Previous experience working with young children, especially in an educational setting, is an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with children
- Willingness to collaborate with teachers and support staff
- A commitment to creating a positive and inclusive learning environment
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and you each receive a £100 amazon voucher and enter into a draw to win a £1000 holiday!– If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!