£13,000 - £20,000
2 months ago
January 2021 / April 2021
Step Teachers have been asked to recruit trainee Humanities teachers for a brand-new Teacher Training initiative called Grad2Teach. This is a specific training placement for a school-based in Barnet, Enfield, and Haringey.
Have you ever thought about becoming a teacher? Imagine waking up every day knowing that by the time you’re back in bed you would have achieved something amazing! Grad2Teach is your first step in the right direction. Their salaried Teacher Training programme offers the opportunity for trainees to teach, train, and – if successful – gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
With Grad2Teach, you’ll work as a trainee Humanities teacher completing a one or two-year course, with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools, earning a salary throughout, though your main school will be based in either Barnet, Enfield, or Haringey. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be a qualified teacher with QTS and a PGCE under your belt.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a relevant, Humanities-based university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification (trainees with the ability to offer more than one Social Science discipline are encouraged to apply)
- Attained grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English
- Have determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude
What are the benefits?
In Year 1, you will:
- Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based, salaried trainee programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Year 2, you will:
- Attend 9 training days with one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learned so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
- Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience
If you would like to find out more information and receive our prospectus, please get in touch with Chris, either by phone on 020 8148 6733 or by email at chrisk@grad2Teach.ac.uk